Have you ever thought of adding bee pollen to a recipe? Just like honey, pollen contains all kinds of nutrients and is often touted as a superfood. It is a good source of tocopherol, niacin, thiamine, biotin, folic acid, polyphenols, carotenoid pigments, phytosterols, enzymes, and co-enzymes. It also contains proteins, carbs, and amino acids, as well as antioxidants. This amazing substance packs a heavy nutritional punch, and a little bit of bee pollen every day goes a long way.
Besides all of these health benefits, it also tastes like a fresh summer day!
If you’re wondering how to incorporate bee pollen into your sweet creations, try this easy recipe. The bee pollen adds the perfect flavour and crunch to these chocolate banana pops. This is a delicious, healthy, and portable treat to serve your kids for an after dinner treat or even an afternoon snack!
- GMH Bee Pollen
- Milk chocolate wafers for melting (dark or white chocolate would be yummy too!)
- Bananas (as many as you need)
- Popsicle sticks
- Cut your bananas in half
- Skewer them securely with the popsicle sticks
- Melt your chocolate wafers (in a double boiler for best results)
- Hold your banana pop by the stick over the bowl of melted chocolate
- Roll the banana in the chocolate and use a spoon to make sure you cover the entire thing except for a small area directly above the stick, to prevent messy dripping on your hand
- Set the banana pop down on a cooling rack
- Sprinkle GMH Bee Pollen on top while the chocolate is still warm so the pollen will stick to the chocolate
- Repeat the chocolate and bee pollen steps for as many banana pops as you want to make
We hope you like this easy, fun, and healthy idea for adding bee pollen to your dessert menu! The sky is really the limit and bee pollen can be used as a sprinkle on top of cakes or as a topping for your ice cream sundae bar. You can use your imagination and feel great about the nutritional boost all your favourite treats receive as a result. For another sweet treat, try our Chocolate Chunk Cookes Sweetened with Honey!
Do you have another way to incorporate our bee pollen into your sweets menu? We would love to see your banana pop creations or any bee pollen recipe you make! Tag us @albertahoneybee with your pics, we would love to see them.
Pollen allergy: Bee pollen can cause serious allergic reactions in people who are allergic to certain types of pollen. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are breastfeeding or taking blood thinners. Do not use this product if you have a history of asthma or allergies.
Stop use immediately if hypersensitivity/allergy occurs.